For any spelling bee:
- Register for a Word Club season pass. Giving a Word Club season pass as a gift? Click here to print a certificate to let your special speller know: You're in the Club!
- Read How to Study for a Spelling Bee by national finals pronouncer,
Dr. Jacques Bailly.
For a classroom, grade level or school-wide spelling bee:
- Step One: Learn the 100 study words for your grade level from the School Spelling Bee Study List. Ask your teacher or school spelling bee coordinator for the study words. Your teacher obtains the study words by logging into a password-protected area of spellingbee.com available exclusively for teachers. It is there that your teacher prints out "Study Words for (Your Grade Level)."
- Step Two: When you've mastered your 100 grade-specific words, you are ready to learn the words for other grade levels. Ask your teacher for the 2014 School Spelling Bee Study List. NEW! If you are looking for a new way to access the study words that will be used in your classroom or school spelling bee, the 2014 School Spelling Bee Study List is now available as a Kindle e-book.
- Step Three: Get a head start on district, county, city, regional or state competition. Learn the words in Spell It! Also, expand your spelling skill set by playing the fun word games at Merriam-Webster's Word Central.
For a district, county, city, regional or state spelling bee:
- Step One: Ensure that you know the study words for grade levels one through eight.
- Step Two: Learn the words and do the activities in Spell It!
- Step Three: When you master the words in Spell It!, expand your spelling skill set by playing the fun word games at Merriam-Webster's Word Central.