Our prime enrollment period was August 15–October 15, 2013, and our late enrollment period was October 16–December 13, 2013. Local sponsors also had the option to extend late enrollment through January 30, 2014.
Teachers and administrators may visit spellingbee.com in late August to enroll schools in the Bee for the 2014-15 program year.
Schools that are enrolled in the 2014 Scripps National Spelling Bee program receive the following:
- user name and password for the teachers-only area of spellingbee.com (preview),
- grade-specific word lists and study lists for students in grades 1–8 (sample),
- study materials for your school spelling champion (sample),
- the 2014 Classroom Pronouncer Guide (sample),
- the 2014 School Pronouncer Guide (sample),
- materials to conduct a Great American SpellCheck fund-raiser,
- award certificates (sample), and
- key information about your local spelling bee program.
- From Encyclopædia Britannica, a free one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value) for use as a prize in your spelling bee program.